Healthy Banana Pecan Muffins
Need a pick-me-up kind of snack? Something delicious, but still healthy?
These Banana Pecan Muffins are perfect. There is no sugar. Instead, we added some honey to sweeten them up just a little bit.
The best part of these is that you can really make them your own? Don't want to add the honey, skip it! Don't want to add chocolate chips, skip them! Want more crunch, add in some more pecan pieces!
This recipe could really be made with chopped pecan pieces or pecan pieces (slightly larger). It's a personal preference. We originally made them with pecan pieces, but feel free to make them with whatever you want. You could even sneak in some Wild Natives if you want!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 12 cups standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or use muffin liners. Spray liners to ensure they do not stick.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl mash bananas. Add honey, oil, vanilla, milk, Greek yogurt, and eggs to mashed bananas. Mix wet ingredients until well combined and smooth with a hand mixer.
- Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add in pecan pieces and/or chocolate chips. Remit some for topping.
- Fill muffin tin with batter almost to the top. Top with remaining pecan pieces and/or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out almost clean.
- Let muffins cool slightly before removing them from the pan.
What twist are you going to put on this recipe?