Ghirardelli Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
April 26, 2022
Ghirardelli by far makes the best chocolate chips. You can't go wrong with using them in any recipe.
When it comes to making chocolate chip cookies, don't re-invent the wheel. Literally, grab that bag of Ghirardelli chocolate chips and use the recipe on the back.
When we were talking about adding chocolate chip cookies to the blog, it was clear that we weren't going to have anything new and profound. Instead, it was about sharing the classic, best recipe out there!
Why even share their recipe? Well, first off the even suggest adding in some pecan pieces!
If you don't have their bag in front of you, here is the recipe for you to reference.
1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown sugar, packed
2 Eggs, large
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 1/4 cups Flour, unsifted
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Pecans
2 cups Ghirardelli Bittersweet 60% Cacao Baking Chips
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar, and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color.
- Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until chocolate chip cookies are golden brown.
What twist are you going to put on this recipe?