Pecan Pie Brownies
"Everyone has their favorite Thanksgiving dessert recipe, and these pecan pie brownies combine two classic favorites!
Made with a layer of boxed brownie mix and topped with the most decadent pecan pie layer, they are seriously delicious.
It is a chocolatey twist on my pecan pie bars recipe.”
1 box family size brownie mix
ingredients listed on the back of the brownie mix
2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Chopped Pecans (York Pecan Pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the brownie batter according to directions on the back of the box.
3. Pour the brownie batter into a greased 9 by 13 baking dish.
4. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until brownie layer is not very jiggly and is formed on top, but not cooked all the way through. This will vary based on your brownie mix. 5. You just want it solid enough to pour the pecan pie layer without it sinking through.
6. While the brownies are baking, make the pecan pie layer.
7. In a large bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, heavy cream, all purpose flour, vanilla extract, salt, and chopped pecans. Stir well to combine. When the brownie layer is semi solid, remove the pan from the oven.
8. Gently pour the pecan pie filling over the top and spread into an even layer
9. Bake at 350 for an additional 25 - 35 minutes, until the pecan layer is set.
10. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.