Pecan Sprinkled Sugar Cookies
February 16, 2022
Have you been craving a sugar cookie? A sweet, sugary dessert that is simple and easy to make.
You've come to the right place. This recipe is a fun, pecan lover's take on the original sugar cookie.
Wondering how this recipe came to be? Well when someone on the York Pecan team is craving a sugar cookie, we can't allow them to have one without some pecans, right? Plus, who wants to spend all day rolling out cookies? No one.
That's why these sugar cookies are made with a dough baller. You can easily scoop them out, and forget the fuss of rolling and cutting. They taste like a sweet sugar cookie cake ball! But, you've got to add pecan pieces to give you that saltiness too!
3/4 cup Butter (softened)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 large Egg
2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Cream Cheese Icing
4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
1/4 cup Butter (softened)
2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat butter until smooth and creamy for about one minute. Add sugar and continue to beat until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add to the butter mixture and continue to mix until the dough starts to form.
Form into a ball and chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough out using a dough baller to make even balls. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Make the cream cheese frosting while cookies are baking by mixing together cream cheese, vanilla, and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and continue to mix until it is smooth and creamy.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on a cookie rack. Frost cookies once cooled.
- Sprinkle with pecan pieces for a sweet and salty treat!
This was a crowd-pleaser in the York Pecan test kitchen. It's going to be a hit in yours too!