Sweet Potato Casserole
April 04, 2023
The perfect side dish for any holiday get-together! This sweet potato casserole with a pecan topping is sure to have everyone talking. Try it with Chopped Small Pecan Pieces for the perfect little crunch.
4-5 large sweet potatoes
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs
¼ cup unsalted butter + extra for buttering dish
Splash of milk
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter baking dish. Set aside.
- Bring 2 qts water to a boil. Add pealed and cubed sweet potatoes. Cook until soft and can easily get fork through.
- Drain and let sweet potatoes cool, slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked sweet potatoes, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, butter, and eggs. Mash together with a potato mixer until fluffy and smooth. Add to baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, prepare pecan topping by combining brown sugar, flour, pecans, and melted butter. Mix with a fork and top sweet potato filling.
- Bake in oven for about 50 minutes until crumble is lightly browned. Serve immediately.